» Products and Services
» Additional services
» Dangerous goods
Safe transportation of goods has always been a priority of ČD Cargo, a. s. in the field of railway transport. Within the transport of goods, ČD Cargo also ensures the transport of dangerous items, according to the conditions of the Regulations Concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Rail (RID), and Government Decree No. 1/2000 Coll. on transport regulations for public railway cargo transport.
As of 1st January 2003, every company whose activities include the transport of dangerous items by railway and/or any packaging operation, loading, filling or unloading of dangerous items for railway transport, must appoint one or more safety advisors. These advisors are responsible for assistance in preventing risks related to such activities toward persons, property, and the environment. ČD Cargo has appointed a group of safety advisors operating throughout Czech Republic.
These safety advisors are holders of a Certificate of Safety Advisor Competency Concerning Transport of Dangerous Items for railway cargo transport. The Certificate is issued by the Czech Ministry of Transport, Rail and Railway Transport Department; to obtain the certificate, the safety advisor must undergo a training course and pass an exam.
Offer of Services
ČD Cargo offers the external provision of safety advisor services concerning transport of dangerous items to shippers, carriers and other customers.
The service includes:
- Analysis of existing state, as regards the carriage of dangerous items, and immediate removal of possible negatives – entry audit;
- Cooperation on development of detailed operation procedures and instructions;
- Spot check of dispatch methods, filling in accompanying documents, marking with orange marks or safety labels;
- Development of reports on accidents (1. 8. 5. RID);
- Suitable measures to prevent repeating the causes of emergency events or accidents;
- Training of personnel in the field of transport of dangerous items;
- Elaboration of mandatory annual reports for company management.