ČD Cargo - a specialist in transportation of extraordinary consignments
At the beginning of February, a 20-axle wagon of raw iron was transported from Uničov via Břeclav to the Austrian station Leoben Donawitz. The wagon was manufactured by the engineering company UNEX a.s. and is intended for the customer Voestalpine Stahl Donawitz GmbH's. This extraordinary consignment was realized in cooperation with Rail Cargo Logistics – Czech Republic s.r.o.
The weight of the wagon itself is 146 tons, with the fire insulation weighing more than 200 tons, the diameter of the cylinder is 2,900 millimeters. This type of wagon is nicknamed "torpedo" and is designed to transport liquid iron from a blast furnace to steelworks for further processing where the torpedo´s rotating mechanism turns the container and pours the contents into steel furnaces.
It offers the transport of a wide array of goods ranging from raw materials to products with a high added value, transport of containers, special consignment, rental of railway wagons, railway siding services, and other transport services.
- About us
- Our offer
- What we follow
- Press centre
- Harmonized goods nomenclature (NHM)
- Uniform railway exchange JŽK
- Catalogue of freight wagons
- The order of a railway freight wagon
- Transport connection and tariff distances
- Station and dispatchers
- Tables of deposits for a transport abroad
- Restrictions and suspension of transport (ZAN)
- Data and queries
- Electronic dispatch of consignments